The short Sportive is the shorter of the two routes, designed for people who are taking on their first Sportive or would just like a shorter easier ride.
The route will start in the city centre near the Guildhall, and take riders through the beautiful surrounding countryside of Fair Oak, Shawford, Braishfield and Romsey before finishing back in the heart of Southampton.
Elevation Gain: 715m
*Routes subject to change
What's Your Criterium Challenge for 2020?
Are you looking to do your first Sportive? The shorter of these Sportive distances is perfect for people who are new to the world of Cycling events and here are a few things to know!
1) It’s not a race! On the day there is a fun atmosphere with riders chatting among themselves, stopping to enjoy the views and to eat making the most of the day!
2) Obey the highway code! As this ride will be conducted on open roads you will need to keep to all standard rules of the road .
3) Have fun! This isn’t a stressful, competitive discipline, it’s a chance to ride with thousands of other cyclists and enjoy the day!
If you think that you can go even further than the 60km, why not sign up for the Standard Distance instead?
What do you get for your Sportive Entry?
Entering the Cycle Southampton Sportive is a fantastic decision and we believe you will have an unforgettable day taking part in the ‘Ride of the Valleys’!
On the day you can expect:
– Plentiful food stations around the course
– Both stationary and roving mechanics to help with any issues
– A city centre start/finish line with great views for friends & family!
– A chance to join over 1,500 riders together to enjoy a picturesque ride
– A fantastic Cycle Southampton Sportive medal!
and much, much more!